Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Random Ramblings

First of all, this fall weather is absolutely WONDERFUL! Our summer here was so super hot and miserable...Caiden, Levi and I were cramped up in this house all summer because of the heat, and it's been so nice to open the windows, turn off the air conditioning, and take walks without falling over due to a heatstroke!

So much to do, so little time. I'm relieved that the boys' room is finished and that the baby's room is thoroughly cleaned out and painted...now I just have to wait for my shower and can I finish up! However, I still feel a little stressed with everything there is to do to prepare for another baby in the house. Oh well, I'm sure it will all get done eventually!

Hunting season is upon us...poor Daniel hasn't had much luck and our freezer is still empty. Hopefully in the next few weeks he will be able to fill it back up! I am looking forward to getting to go hunting sometime soon...although I don't know when that will be with everything going on! I literally have ZERO free weekends until after Thanksgiving...and I'm sure between now and then those weekends will fill up too.

Football season is here...Caiden is doing well, but I don't think he really enjoys it like he thought he would. I just don't see much enthusiasm from him when he plays. He is looking forward to basketball season...hopefully he'll have a bit more fun with that! He is doing GREAT in school...his behavior has really improved since last year and he made all B's on his progress report. I know he is capable of A's, which is frustrating, but I am trying my best to be patient with him and try to encourage him to always give 110% versus "just enough to get by", which is usually what he does. Guess he is a lot like his momma was in school!

I have big plans for Levi in the near future...and I know I am probably taking on too much (not probably, DEFINITELY). He is such a super smart little thing, and since daycare and preschool aren't really financially doable right now, I have decided to start "preschool homeschool" with him. At first I thought that there was no way I could do it since I already don't have any time for my own schoolwork, but recently I became aware that Levi sits in front of the TV entirely too much, and at the end of the day I always feel guilty that I didn't spend enough time with him. Sooooo, as a parent (especially a stay at home parent), it's MY job to teach him and prepare him. So that's what I'm going to do! I found a program that only requires about a hour a day to teach the material, and the supplemental curriculum can be incorporated into the rest of the day's activities (such as cooking, cleaning, outside play, etc.) Anyway...I won't go too far into it in this post, as I haven't done all my research yet. I'm really looking forward to it though...I think it will be great for Levi to get some hands on learning activities, and it will be a good way for him and I to spend some quality time together.

I am also working with Caiden on some things, more about that later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What Ya Think!