Thursday, March 18, 2010

Captain Hook (Sort Of!)


Caiden is having a "fairy tale ball" tomorrow at school. He wasn't too excited about it, since he thought he'd have to dress up as a princess or something. So mom saved the day, and made him a little more manly for his ball. Introducing....Captain Caiden Hook!




Notice his pirate-like expression?? LOL.

Best thing about this costume...it was free! I'm such a slacker, and usually I wait until the last minute with this type of thing, and I end up rushing out to the store the night before to try and find something, and I always end up spending a small fortune. I was determined not to do that this time. 

Caiden had an old white button up shirt and a pair of black PJ pants. I took an old red t-shirt and cut it to make it into a vest, and then tied one of my sweater belts around his waist. The hook is made out of aluminum foil (obviously), and I made the pirate hat out of newspaper. Then I painted it black with tempura paint and printed the skull and crossbones onto white paper, cut them out, and glued them on the hat. We're still looking for some shoes...he'll probably just have to wear his black basketball shoes.

I think I did a pretty darn good job for getting it done in about 30 minutes! He doesn't exactly look like Captain Hook, but it gets the point across, anyway. 



1 comment:

  1. DARN good job!! He looks a heck of a lot more like Captain Hook than Captain Hook himself! Thank goodness he doesn't have to be the princess Easter Bunny in a little pink sleeper with a tail....:)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What Ya Think!