Friday, January 22, 2010

Real Life as a Stay at Home Momma

So, I got discouraged yesterday morning because when I took Caiden to school, I saw another mom hop out of her car to help her son get out. Her hair looked beautiful...long, curled, and obviously washed. I ran my hands through my own hair, and felt a greasy rat's nest. The other mom had on a cute pair of jeans, heels, and pretty pink top. I looked down in disgust at my raggedy pink hoodie and my too big sweats, not to mention my black fuzzy slippers. Her make up was perfect. My face hadn't been washed...hell, I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet. Now, you say, she probably had to get to work and that's why she looked like she did. No, I know this mom from one of Caiden's ball teams...she has a little girl about Levi's age, and she stays at home. Well maybe she had somewhere to go, you say. Yes, that's possible, but it doesn't really matter...she ALWAYS looks that way. How? I have no idea. Maybe she has a maid who cleans and does her laundry, or a babysitter for the kids so she can soak for hours in the tub while giving herself a facial. I don't know, but it makes me feel like total crap. I'm always a mess...I just don't have time to make myself pretty. I clean, cook, change diapers, do laundry, help with homework, chauffer Caiden to and from ball games and practices, and I'm working on my degree...would you have time?? Regardless, I still feel like a total bum and super far from attractive. Luckily, I do have a husband who {says he} doesn't care about the way I look and he thinks I'm perfect no matter what...what he doesn't understand is that I don't actually enjoy not having a shower, wearing sweats all day, and looking like I just don't care...because I DO care, and I WANT to look pretty. So, I searched the internet to see if I could find women like me...and to my delight, the Stepford Mom spoken of above is not the norm. Whew, like I need to be any more abnormal than I already am!!

Real life is when...

You have to leave to take him to school at 7:45 and it's 7:35 and he looks like this because you overslept...(don't ask why he is sleeping in a box, I really don't know :)




Your dishes look like this...




Your trash is overflowing because your husband is too sick to take it out, and you don't have time to care...




Your baby is still in his pajamas at 11:30...




And so are you...




And you've yet to take a shower or even think about combing your hair because you have 2 papers due by midnight...






This is real life...so for every mom out there who thinks that if she stayed at home she would look perfect, her legs would always be shaved, her house would be spotless, her laundry always done...ha ha ha, you're an idiot.







1 comment:

  1. OMG, I can't get anything done when I am off work. And guess what, I am being laid off as of March 31st.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What Ya Think!