Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Highlights!

We had yet another great weekend!

Friday night, Caiden had his first basketball practice. It went ok, although I was a little disappointed in the coach. I am a pretty competitive person and he just didn't match my style. We'll see how it goes, I might be wrong. Caiden did great....his coach used him as an example for almost every shot and every drill. I was so proud :) I REFUSE to take Levi to another practice...he was a total handful! It wasn't really his fault, he just wanted to get our there and play with the big boys! After practice, Caiden's grandparents picked him up so that he could spend the weekend with them.

Amanda and Taylor came over Friday evening because Daniel and Eric went down east to hunt. Summer also came to stay the night. Of course I went to bed early...I am such a bore!

On Saturday morning, I got up and straightened up my total disaster of a house, and then the girls all sat and watched Twilight to get a little refresher before we went to see New Moon!!

Saturday afternoon we headed over to Ashley's for Piper's (my niece) first birthday party. Isn't she adorable??
























Levi enjoyed the cupcakes too!!














After the party, we all loaded up in the car and headed to Nana's to drop Levi off. Then, we were off to see New Moon!!!

On our way...and acting goofy, obviously!

























The movie was great. Of course, I am team Jacob (whew...he's a total hottie). We had so much fun! Amanda and I had a good time acting like goofy teeny boppers. As I said in a previous post, I have a love/hate relationship with the Twilight Saga. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I read all of the books and saw all the movies and just loved them. Since I loved HP, a friend of mine recommended that I read the Twilight books. I started reading Twilight and I just could not get into it...it was so boring! I think that Meyer sucks and has zero talent when it comes to writing...I really don't understand how in the world these books got as big as they have. Anyway, I got to the part where Edward was sparkling in the sun, and I just couldn't contain myself...I literally busted out laughing and shut the book. I was done!! So...then the movie came out. Everyone was all excited about it, so I decided to watch it. And I have to admit, I really liked it. When we watched it again this weekend, Amanda and I agreed that yes, it was a little cheesy...but we still enjoyed it :) So, although I am not one of the Twilight fanatics who has read every book 14 times, I do enjoy the movies. As my brother, Chris, said...everyone has their guilty pleasures!


Saturday night I got a killer headache so I went to bed when we got home from picking up Levi from Nana's (thanks for the meatloaf Nana...it was awesome!!). Here is a pick of Taylor and Levi on the way home... :)




On Sunday, the guys got home from their trip (deerless, I might add!), and Eric, Amanda, and Taylor headed home while Summer and I went to my friend Lindsay's baby shower. I had a good time and I got to see some old friends. Lindsay looked so pretty with her little baby bump and she really racked up. Congrats Lindsay...you're going to be a great mommy!

After the shower, Summer and I headed over to Caiden's grandparents for his birthday party. He got a dirt bike from his dad, and he did such a good job riding around the yard. I couldn't believe how good he did. Such a little dare devil!

When we got back home, Daniel was painting the kitchen!! I was so happy...I've been wanting to paint it for a while, but we are always just so busy. It turned out so pretty, and my wonderful hubby did a great job (of course I helped too :). Thank you honey!

















All in all, it was a great weekend. A special thanks to my wonderful mother for watching Levi so Amanda and I could have a really fun girls' night. Thank you, Momma!! Now it's back to reality. I am going to be super busy this week getting ready for Thanksgiving. I am hoping to get some Christmas shopping done, and I have a whole bunch of homework to do. It's nearing the end of the semester, so I have finals to do, a big project to complete, and a novel to read. I also have to get ready for out hunting trip this weekend. With all of this stuff going on, I doubt I'll get any more posts up this week. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!




2 comments:

  1. Very good story of our weekend Rachael! I had a blast!! Wish you weren't joining the boys this weekend so we could have another weekend...but that's ok...it will be fun for you. The kitchen looks good from what I can see in the pictures. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you and Daniel in the kitchen!!!

    Hey...I just thought of something...You forgot about our Christmas Music!!!

    See you either Wednesday or Thursday!

    Love you!
    Meanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachael! Wow, that was some weekend!!! Your little niece is so cute! Love your new kitchen color. It looks really similar to the color I had in my last house. The pictures are so crazy. Y'all must be a lot of fun to be around. Good luck with the rest of the semester and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What Ya Think!