Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Mother of "To Do" Lists

I am the kind of person who thrives on "To Do" lists. I am completely obsessed with them. I have a list for absolutely everything. There is something about lists that just make me feel so much more productive. I love the feeling of having a list and crossing tasks off as I complete them...if nothing else, it shows that I actually did something other than sit on the computer all day and blog (and facebook, and email, and organize pictures blah, blah, blah...:)

So today, here is my "To Do" list for decorating my house. Not that you actually care about the many things that I have to do, but at least now I have some kind of motivation to actually do them (I can tell all my blog friends that I completed something!).

Mine and Daniel's Bedroom
-Paint
-Print, frame, and hang pictures of the boys
-Poem and handprint wall (I am writing a poem about mine and Daniel's relationship and I want to frame it and put our handprints under it)
-Print, frame, and hang wedding picture (2 years late...)

Master Bathroom
-Paint

Laundry Room
-Paint
-Buy and hang door curtain

Kitchen
-Paint
-Buy and hang new sink window curtain

Dining Room
-Stain and wood burn stool (I bought I cute little unfinished heart shaped wooden stool and I want Daniel to wood burn "The Everharts" onto it. It'll be cute, and I'll post a pic!)
-Buy house plant
-Stencil and paint over french doors (We have two beautiful french doors in our dining room that lead to the back deck. I want to paint "There's No Place Like Home" above the doors.)
-Buy and hang curtain or blinds on french doors (luckily, we live in the boonies with no neighbors, so it doesn't matter that we don't have anything covering these doors!)
-Buy and hang sconces over hutch.

Living Room
-Print, frame, and hang family pictures
-Create "reading nook" (I have a rocking chair that my mother gave me as a gift when I had Caiden. I have rocked both of my babies in it, and I would like to make a cozy little corner with the rocker and a side table where I can read books to the kids)
-Mat and frame picture over sofa

Hall Bathroom
-Paint

Caiden's Room
-Fix painting around light switch
-Hang rod and curtains
-Paint??
-Fix dings and chips in furniture

Levi's Room
-Paint
-Finish "mural"
-Fix dings in furniture
-Print, frame, and hang pictures
-Purchase TV stand


Doesn't seem like a lot, but when you add it to my many other lists, it becomes overwhelming! I will post pictures when I get them done. Anywho, hopefully I'll have something more interesting for you tomorrow...but right now, I am going to go get to my cleaning to do list!!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck -- I can see it all done...cross it off one at a time :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What Ya Think!