Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Journal Attempt 1,432

      Throughout my life I have always at least had good intentions when it came to keeping a journal. Needless to say, every one of them failed. I have at least 5 journals in a drawer that have about 5 entries, the first always beginning with "I am going to try and keep this journal up to date this time". Well, I lied. I just never seem to have the time to sit and write, and my hand always gets cramped. I do however, find the time to get on facebook, my email, and about 10 blogs that I have been reading everyday for the past month. I figured if I had time to read about other people's lives (people I don't even know, for that matter), I have the time to document my own life. I have so many thoughts, ideas, and rants floating around in my head...why not join the rest of the world and put it all out there for everyone to see?
      My biggest reason for this blog is because I took my oldest son Caiden (who is almost 8) to Wal Mart and he informed me that he is no longer a little boy. Instead of buying the cute little kid body wash that smells like mangos and strawberries (so yummy!), he insisted on me buying "Axe: Smooth Rush" body wash. When I asked him why he didn't want the kid's body wash anymore, he replied with "Mama, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I am not a baby anymore." What!? When did that happen? When I began to turn this over in my head, I realized that he is right. Although he still wants "a kiss and a hug" before bed, he no longer asks for bedtime stories or lullabies. Don't even THINK about giving him a kiss in public, and carrying your lunch to school is now an embarrassment. He asks, "are you wearing THAT to take me to school?", and it is not acceptable for me to jump around like a mad woman when he scores a goal at a basketball game.
     My point to all of this is that the past 8 years have flown by so quickly. Of course I have memories of these years, but I am sure there are so many things I have forgotten over time. Through this blog I hope to document all of the aspects of my life that I never want to forget. I am hoping that I will have more discipline with this attempt than previous ones (computers are wonderful things...no crampy hands!!).
     For those of you that find this blog...I hope you enjoy reading about my life, and my wonderful children and family, as I have and will continue to enjoy the blogs of others.
    Journal attempt 1,432 is hopefully the charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What Ya Think!